Katsina state: Why the cap fits Barrister Shema
By HADI MAMMAN MASARI
Although Katsina State has a traceable history of progress since its creation, some hindrances were observed in facets which include; education, youth empowerment, abandoned projects, heath care delivery, roads construction among others. Some administrations in the past including the military regime, did the little best they could in order to overcome these menace. But the positive changes could only be recorded during the Barrister Ibrahim Shehu Shema led administration.
Many people including myself, had initially rejected Ibrahim Shema solely for political reasons, but the manner in which he begin to transform the state within a shortest possible time manipulate some progress loving indigene and inhabitants of the state to throw out arms and face reality, not to hide behind mere politics and keep fighting what a common man will reminiscent and shed tears someday. I opt to see and acknowledge seeing, but not denying. Unlike manner by which the so called opposition in the state hold on to, thinking that everybody pull the wool over somebody’s eyes. They recently form the habit of patronizing the media to criticizing the Governor for no authentic reason. You’ll laugh like crazy when you saw them arguing gravely that Governor Shema claimed to have inherited an empty land for the Umaru Musa Yar’adua University project. An argument which they cleave to between themselves to for the fact that Barrister Shema had never at any place or time claimed to have inherited an empty land for the said University. I also gravely challenge who ever witnessed it to come forward and prov\:, when and where the Governor made the assertion with convincing evidences. All this is nothing but a cheap blackmail and a strategy adopted to deceive the masses and deviate their attentions from realizing the tremendous efforts put in place by the governor in making it positive the completion and progress of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University. Least were they aware that; The university was named Katsina State University in the first place, it was renamed to Umaru Musa Yar’adua University by Governor Ibrahim Shema’s administration. And Barrister Shema inherited the university project as an on-going project not a completed project. He completed the project 100% without any hitch. Also the university initially, was temporarily situated at Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic, but was later relocated to its permanent site by Shema’ s administration.
Even at present, the university is currently witnessing rapid growth as more additional schools, faculties and courses ware established by the same Shema’s government. The schools however include the school of Pre-Degree and Remedial Studies and the School of Post Graduate Studies. The additional Faculties include the Law, Social Management Sciences among others.
But as they fail to reason, they don’t see all these as progress. Above all, most of them were resting inside both the green and the red chambers of the National Assembly as Senators and Members earning millions of naira in the name of a common man, but fail to bring any development to their constituencies beside the useless motorcycles they claim to have given the epe ward chairmen which cannot benefit the society. But yet, they get the guts to be buying newspaper pages and other media programmes abusing a significant administration of Barrister Ibrahim Shehu Shema. The administration that without any doubt;
1. Change the living standard of some terrifying political thugs and unemployed youth by establishing Youth Craft Village and train them in various skills and trades to make them self reliant and acceptable members of the society.
2. Fully complete all the on-going and abandoned projects inherited from the preceded administration and even those abandoned since military regime. The only one left uncompleted is the Stadium Complex which is also in progress.
3. Maintain free education system from primary to secondary schools and payments examination fees to all final year students throughout public institutions in the state annually.
4. Construction of about 103 secondary schools within the nooks and crannies of Katsina State.
5. Scholarship and 100% financial benefits to some state indigenes to study in abroad in various degree programs which include Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Arabic Computing, Calligraphy among others.
6. Provide the 34 Local Government Areas of the state with what is called mobile ambulances. This type of health care delivery is a system consisting of an ambulance, pharmacy, medical health personnel and a driver. The vehicles goes round the nooks and crannies of each Local Government Area in the state attending and treating sick patients, antenatal cases and sometimes educating rural dwellers on first aid and health education matters. It is only in serious cases that patients are referred to relevant hospitals and be transported freely using the same vehicle.
7. Free delivery at any state government owned hospitals. My only two children were born during the Governor Shema’s administration. The eldest was born at Funtua General Hospital while the youngest at Turai Umaru Yar’adua Maternal & Children Hospital Katsina. In both cases, all the money I have given whether some amount may be charged were returned to me intact and no kobo was charged.
8. Establishment of paint and chalk cottage industries by utilizing the mineral resources deposits in the state. Katsina paints today, is regarded among the best in the market.
9. Set four fertilizer blending plants in Bakori, Batsari, Mai’ adua and Safana.
10. Construction, improvement and dualisation of about 30 roads network in the state. Few among include; Mashi-Birnin Kuka, Kurfi-Batsari, Kankara-Ketare-Gora, KarfiKuringafa- Tsiga- Y arkasuwa, Mani-Magami-Dutsi among others.
In Katsina State today, all the above numbered items were neither in dream nor a fiction, but just few among the developmental projects executed by Barrister Shema led administration whose according to them deserves no honour.
With the above rationale therefore, I would like to use this medium to tell again that it is not everybody that cannot reason. The burden is not only on Barrister Shema’s neck alone, they are also key political office holders as well. They also have a responsibility which they woefully fail to deliver. The motorcycles they claimed to have purchased and distributed to the CPC ward chairmen could not nevertheless benefit the immediate community in anyway. So of what benefits are these motorcycles to the society if I may ask again? I would like the fifteen noise making CPC legislature among which included three Senators, twelve House of Representatives Members to come forward and give us detailed account of the constituency development grants in their possessions.
As for Barrister Ibrahim Shehu Shema, I am not defending him as a person but rather decide on to step aside political diversity and promote the spirit of integrity and good governance for the well-being of our dear state. We thank and praise him for the good things he’s doing in Katsina State. The cap unquestionably fits him and therefore cannot be deprived of with the much deserved honours.
Masari, A staff with the; Directorate of Information & Communication Technology, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina.
Powered by Facebook Comments